Lovemydog is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
- When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfill your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order Process.
- We use your personal information to update you about new products/services.
- We will only contact you with your consent.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require verifying your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us using our contact page.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. Online shops like LoveMyDog are allowed to use 'strictly necessary' cookies without consent otherwise online shops would not work. They are used to remember, for example, what you put in your shopping basket. If we did not use this then your shopping basket would be empty when you reached the checkout.
Cookies on this website
Used to recognise the same user when they click from page to page. Remembers what is in your shopping basket. The cookie expires when you close your web browser.
This cookie allows you to put an item in your basket, leave the website and then return at some point in the future and the contents of your shopping basket will still be available. If you sign in with an email address and password, these login details are also saved so that you can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If you sign out your login details are removed from the cookie.
A further category of cookies which we have identified wehave called 'Performance Cookies' and we use these only to improve our site or measure response rates. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous and does not in any way impact on your privacy. The cookies below are used by Google Analytics and measure how visitors arrive at our website and how long they stay on the website.
This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to LoveMyDog from that web browser. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to LoveMyDog and it is updated with each pageview. Expires 2 years from set/update.
This cookie is used to establish and continue a user sessionwith LoveMyDog. When a user views a page on LoveMyDog, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on LoveMyDog for longer than 30 minutes.
This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach LoveMyDog, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within LoveMyDog. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from shopping.